Monday, January 17, 2011

Grad School: Final Project

Since August 2006, I've been working toward a Master of Arts degree in Emerging Media and Communications (EMAC) at the University of Texas at Dallas. My coursework is completed, but in order to graduate, I must complete one more assignment: a capstone project.

I'm interested in Girl Scout retention so I'm going to produce a series of videos (6-8) featuring real women talking about their experiences as older Girl Scouts. Ideally, I'll feature four HS students or recent HS graduates who completed their Gold Award and 4 adults. Adults don’t have to have completed their Gold Award, but it would be GREAT if they had. The videos will all be about 2 minutes long, so I'm not looking for a major time commitment from anyone.

What sort of commitment would this require?
HS students/recent graduates
  • 1-2 short Q&A style interviews
  • Me shooting video of you working on your Gold Award project and interacting with other Scouts
  • Subject-shot footage (still shots) of you participating in Girl Scout activities
Adults
  • 1-2 short Q&A style interviews
  • Me shooting video of you interacting with older Girl Scouts (B-roll)
  • Subject-shot footage (still shots) of you as a Girl Scout 
What do you get out of all this?
  • After editing, I will offer all footage to you for your usage. 
  • If you're interested, I will teach you how to shoot and edit video.
  • I’m also willing to come talk to your troops and about emerging media/ public relations/journalism and/or edit college applications, etc.
Let me know if you are interested, and feel free to share this link with anyone you think might be interested in helping!

Thanks,
Kristen 

No comments: