Sunday, December 24, 2006

Week 13-14

Well, here goes on my first weekly post. I meant to do this yesterday, but alas, it is the holiday season. I spent most of the morning shopping and the afternoon wrapping. I probably spent more time trying to pick up a package at the post office than anywhere else, but what else is new this time of year.

For those of you that haven't seen me in a while, I've changed quite a bit in the past few months. I went from a 34B to a 36C and I'm well on my way--if I'm not already there--to a 36D. All I can say is they're heavy. Thank goodness I have a bunch of loose-fitting shirts. Otherwise, I'd be up a creek. My skin has also been driving me crazy, especially the past week or so. Dry skin is NO longer a problem. As greasy as my skin has been lately, though, I'd be happy if it dried out again.

I've only gained about 4 lbs.-- I weighed 147 lbs this morning--but I feel like I'm eating for three. Mark just laughs when we go to the grocery store. He's found me on several occasions practically drooling in the meat section. Last week, I had to have sausages. This week, I'm craving hamburgers. We haven't had any yet, but we split a pretty good size rib-eye last night and I have a package of lil' smokies eagerly awaiting me in the fridge. To give you an indication of what I've been like, Mark asked how I wanted him to cook the lil' smokies or if I'd like him to make a special sauce to dip them in. My reply: I just thought I'd nuke em and eat em plain. Meat. Meat. Meat. That's all I want.

Well, that and cottage cheese. Yes, I'm still eating a LOT of cottage cheese. (We go through a 48-60 oz. container a week!) I may be in my second trimester but I still feel icky sometimes and cottage cheese does the trick. Now, I'm not talking about the fat-free or 2% stuff I used to eat. I'm eating the full-fledged, 4% bad boy they sell out at Costco! Thank goodness for industrial-size packaging.

On the exercise front, I've cut back pretty severely. With my medical history, I'm terrified that something bad will happen if I do too much high-impact stuff. So, no running for the time being. Mainly, I walk, do light weights, and ride the exercise bike at the gym. I got in the pool for the first time in about a year on Thursday and had a great time. I only swam 3/4 mile but it was enough to get my heart rate up. After the new year, I"m going to try to swim at least twice a week. Yoga's also on the no-no list right now because the class I take involves a lot of ab work. I'm hoping to get a prenatal yoga video for my birthday or christmas.

That's enough for you. Be sure to tune in next week.

K

No comments: