Saturday, February 24, 2007

Week 21: Part II

I probably should have clarified in my Week 20 post that the trip to Fla. was probably our last jaunt---on an airplane--before the "little squid" makes his or her appearance. We plan to keep traveling by car...or truck, as we usually do..and we have several trips planned in the next few months to see family in Houston, Austin and Corpus Christi. So, don't worry. Everybody will get to see my little pregnant belly at least once and possibly several tiems before the squid comes.

There's not much to report otherwise. The trip was great. I slept a LOT --until between 9 and 10 a.m. every day but the last one--and ate REALLY well. You can't beat freshly picked honeybell oranges! Yummy! Mark and I also picked fresh strawberries that were simply to die for. Again, you can't beat freshly picked stuff.

We came back from vacation rested, but now we're tired again. At least I am. I think I'm going to be tired for a very long time. And Mark and I both seem to have contacted scabies from a PETCO in Plano. Actually he got it and passed it to me. It's relegated to pretty tiny areas on both of us, but it's anything but lovely. We got some medication yesterday, though, so hopefully it'll go away soon.

Let's see, what else is going on with me. I guess there is a lot to report. Here's the rundown in an nutshell: I'm tired. My skin is still breaking out. My feet have started swelling. My breasts have gotten even bigger. I'm hot a lot of the time. I'm still craving sausage but I miss tuna. I've gotta ask my OB/GYN whether the mercury risk really exists. Maybe I could eat farm-raised??

I'm at work now (I have the 2-11 shift. hey, at least it's saturday and not sunday) so I have to go. Love you all.

No comments: