Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Week 22: Part 2

Around 10:30 a.m. today, I remembered why it is that I started eating a big cup of 4% cottage cheese every morning---it's so I can make it more than an hour without going blind. Being able to see the computer screen clearly and/or read the notes on my desk is a very good thing.

Darn that yogurt! Not enough fat in it. I guess I can forget about having something different now and again. I'm going to stick to my tried and true breakfast of 'pregnant' champions--a cup of 4% cottage cheese, a piece of fruit and an English muffin or tortilla with Marionberry jam. Couldn't ask for more than that on a workday.

So, I ate a hunk of the Hershey's extra dark chocolate I keep in my desk for such emergencies, took about 10 minutes to get myself back together and got back to work.

The rest of the day was much of the same. Work. Work. Work. I did have a great 40-minute stroll in the natural area next to my office, though. I went after lunch and soaked up as much sun as possible. (it seems to help my skin) It was a really beautiful day. I'm going to try to get over there a couple times a week. It's a nice release to get out and commune with nature, even if it is only for 20-40 minutes at a time.

No comments: