Saturday, April 14, 2007

Week 28

We made it to the third trimester! Yeah! Time certainly flies by when you've got a baby growing inside you. It's hard to believe than in about 12 weeks, Mark and I will have a baby to take care of. That sounds terrifying, doesn't it? Mark and I as parents. My stomach just flipped.

The major news from the doctors' appointment is that the little squid is very healthy and has a strong heart beat. Evidently, he/she is right on track growth-wise and should still arrive around July 1. I'm hoping more and more for a slighly earlier arrival as my back has been in excruciating pain.

My doctor assures me that back pain is normal, but I have to think that my osteopenia doesn't help matters. I had to stop taking my medication for that when I got pregnant and I'm too tired to do much weight training so I'm pretty much relegated to ingesting as many high-calcium products as possible and doing my prenatal yoga videos. I did try swimming the other day. It was great to be in the water, but it didn't make my lower spine feel any better. Maybe I'll try to do it earlier in the day, like right when I get up instead of after work.

If you haven't heard directly from me, sleep continues to be my biggest issue. I just don't do it well anymore. So, I end up napping during the day and sleeping in as much as possible on the weekends. I flat out can't get rested, though. I'm exhausted pretty much all the time. Evidently, it's starting to show, too. The other day my professor said I looked a bit "shell-shocked." He also thanked me for coming to class. Thank goodness his wife just had a baby--he understands or at least has some idea of what I'm going through.

The house is finally coming together. Mark and I finished the guest room a couple weeks ago and have moved on to the baby's room. We've also started a summmer garden with tomotoes, peppers, brussell sprouts and squish. Maybe we'll have better luck this year. We're heading to Fort Worth tomorrow to have lunch with Babba and Stephen and to Corpus Christi next weekend to pick up some stuff my mom has in storage, so we're as busy as ever.

Next doctor's appt in 2 weeks.

Less than 12 weeks to go (hopefully!)
-K

No comments: