Friday, May 25, 2007

Week 34

6 weeks until D-day!

We were supposed to go in for an ultrasound Wednesday to see whether the squid has moved into the correct position--head down---but the doctor's office had to reschedule at the last minute. So, now we're scheduled to do that on June 1--our three year anniversary!

That's kind of cool in itself.

In other news, my fingers have swollen to the point where I can't get my wedding ring off. I miraculously got my engagement ring off but Mark and I are still trying to get the other off. I really didn't want to take either off---I feel weird without them---but my sister-in-law and several other women with children said that i better do it now because if I have to have a c-section, they'll cut it off with bolt cutters. Not a pretty thought or sight. So, we're trying.

We had our second shower last weekend. It was a lot of fun. This one was co-ed, so it was different from the first one, but everyone had a great time. The hosts were Mark's optician, Ginger; his sister, Amy; and Kristen's college buddy, Jamie. We cooked burgers and hot dogs and sat around and visited most of the time. I think we had between 25-30 friends and family members, many of which we only see a couple times a year so that was nice. Kristen again lost the "guess what's in the diaper" game. Mark fared much better, but still didn't win. Rather than guess what type of baby food is in the diaper, this one was guess which type of melted candy bar is in the diaper. All I can say is 'ugh.'

We're heading to Austin in a few hours, so I'm going to cut this short, but I wanted everybody to know that everybody in the family is healthy. We're just ready for a little R&R.

-K

No comments: