Friday, June 08, 2007

Week 36 --- No Baby Yet

We're getting closer!

Mark and I went in for my 36-week appointment today and everything still looks good. The doc seemed a little concerned about my swelling but said that since my blood pressure is in great shape and there's not any excess sugar in my system, there's not much to worry about. He (we saw a new doc today because Dr. Dinh is honeymooning in Jamaica) just encouraged me to drink lots of water and keep my feet up as much as possible.

I haven't started dilating at all, but the squid's still facing the right direction. The doc said the baby could come anytime starting around June 23 and will likely be 6-7 lbs. What a a relief!

The squid's heartbeat is still going strong: 139 beats per minute.

And my blood pressure is finally beginning to get closer to normal. I think it was 102 over 60 today. It's still up for me, but better than it has been.

Besides feeling like a marshmallow, everything else is going well. A photog I know is going to take some pics of us next week and the baby's room is about done. We planned to finish everything up last weekend--but we lost the rest of the Red Oak in our backyard early Sunday morning. Half fell on the house, the other half on our electric and phone lines. Needless to say, we had a VERY long day. It's not entirely cleaned up yet, but we're getting there slowly but surely.

That's all for now. We're going to be going in for weekly doctors visits now, so stay tuned for more info. (Mark and I have been filming the squid moving around at night, so we might have some interesting photos to post in the near future)

-K

No comments: