Sunday, January 06, 2013

New Year's Resolution

I stopped making New Year's resolutions few years ago. I'm not sure why exactly but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Honestly, what would I resolve to do.... I eat tons of fruits and vegetables, I workout regularly and don't need to lose weight, I enjoy an occasional adult beverage (ok, sometimes it's more than occasional - depends on how the workday went), and I try to give 100 percent to everything I do. I sometimes fall short, but I do try - that has to be worth something.

This year, though, I think I'm going to break the trend and make one. I'm a few days late to the party, but making quick decisions does not run in my family.

I know. Maybe I'll resolve to workout less? Ha ha ha. Not gonna happen. I'm hard-wired to workout. It keeps me sane. A few days without a run and I turn into a werewolf. Ok, so that's a stretch, but running definitely help me maintain my sanity and I don't plan to drop it - despite some assertions that I can be a bit obsessive! I'm also obsessive about chocolate cake, but nobody tells me I should eat less. Quite the opposite.

Maybe I could resolve to eat less meat? Ha ha ha. I laughed at that one, too. I see that resolution going over real well with the hubby, who would be happy to eat meat at every single meal. Come to think of it, he pretty much does eat it at every single meal. I can sometimes get away with a meatless meal, but even when I think he's made something meatless, I find out that he's cooked the dish with bacon or tiny ham bits. So, no, I'm not going to resolve to do that. I would risk eviction.

How about this? How about I resolve to blog something everyday.... or 3 times a week. That sounds more doable. I may not say anything of consequence, but I miss writing and I need a deadline. So, here we go. In 2013, I resolve to write or post something on this blog at least three times a week. (Three posts on Saturday is allowable, but not recommended.) There, I made a resolution. Please keep me in your thoughts that my resolution lasts longer than most diets and that it doesn't wind up like the diet orange soda I put in the freezer and then forgot about!

P.S. I promise to write about the Monkey and the Squid, too! They love the limelight. :-)

No comments: